- Hero Ticket:
- is Hero Ticket Proprietary Limited (“Hero Ticket”), a private company duly incorporated in accordance with the company laws of the Republic of South Africa with Registration Number: 2017/172429/07. The address where Hero Ticket will accept service of all notices and process is: 5th Floor, Capital Hill Building, 6 Benmore Rd, Morningside, Sandton, 2057 . Its office bearers are: Isla Pearce and Karl Fritzenkotter.
- Hero Ticket can be contacted on.
- Hero Ticket’s email address is email@example.com
- You must be 18 years or older to make use of this website and the services, and by doing so you warrant that you are a major. In the event that you are a minor, your legal guardian must grant permission and assist you.
- The general terms and conditions of the holder of the event and/or the organiser of the event [“promoter”], in addition to Hero Ticket’s terms and conditions, apply.
- These standard terms and conditions apply to all persons making use of the Hero Ticket website and its services. If you do not wish to abide by these terms and conditions, please do not make use of this website/services and do not accept them below.
- Hero Ticket acts as a ticketing agent only and does not attract any liability as a promoter to you, but simply offers the service of facilitating ticket sales on behalf of the promoter of the event in respect of which you are purchasing a ticket.
- Tickets are not replaceable due to damage, loss, theft or any other reason.
- A ticket is void and all rights connected herewith nullified unless purchased from an authorised Hero Ticket sales point or agent.
- Hero Ticket accepts no liability whatsoever arising from the alteration of any seating arrangements or programmes or postponement or cancellation of the event and in that regard, any recourse you may have in law is only against the promoter, although we provide no representation or undertaking that the promoter will refund you.
- Right of admission to the event is reserved by the Hero Ticket and/or promoter, and the promoter has the right to alter the programme or the seating thereof. Most venues have restricted items including but not limited to alcohol, weapons, cameras and glass bottles.
- Tickets can be damaged by sunlight or heat.
- You must separate tickets from one another prior to arriving at the venue.
- By using this website and subscribing to the services, you consent to your personal information being utilised by Hero Ticket and the promoter who may use this information for purposes of liaising with you regarding further offers, provide you with information and/or promotional material.
- Hero Ticket will not pass on your personal information to any third party other than the promoter of the event for which you purchase a ticket or tickets.
- Hero Ticket may, from time to time, send you advertising material and information, including but not limited to special offers by e-mail, via SMS, WAP Push, newsletters, telephonically, or through other promotional offers.
- Opt-out Clause: If you do not wish to receive offers or information, whether from Hero Ticket or the promoter(s), please notify us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting us on 0861 008 277. Due to possible delays, you may still receive promotional material up to 2 months after your notification.
- Ticket cancellations, refunds, exchanges and returns:
- You may cancel any booking submitted to Hero Ticket for a ticket that has not yet been issued to you at any time prior to the date of the event to which such booking pertains
- You may also cancel and return any issued ticket acquired through Hero Ticket at any time prior to the scheduled date of the event to which it applies by handing in the ticket at any of our distributions outlets.
- You must provide us with the relevant booking number. Following receipt of your booking cancellation or returned tickets, we will refund you the face value paid for the relevant ticket (or, if a discounted ticket, then instead the discounted ticket price paid), provided that reasonable cancellation charges as determined by Hero Ticket may be charged and deducted from such refund. Unless otherwise stipulated by Hero Ticket and depending on the prevailing circumstances the following cancellation charges may apply:
- If the cancellation occurs more than 30 days prior to the event, a 15% cancellation fee will apply
- If the cancellation occurs less than 30, but more than 7 days prior to the event, a 50% cancellation fee will apply;
- If the cancellation occurs less than 7 days prior to the event a 100% cancellation fee will apply:
- Notwithstanding the aforesaid, if you can provide us with suitable documentary proof that a person in whose name a ticket was booked will not be able to attend the event because of his/her death and/or hospitalisation, no cancellation fee will apply in respect of the cancellation of such person’s ticket.
- Hero Ticket and/or a Promoter may refuse admission to events where a promoter postpones or cancels events. In such case, Hero Ticket may offer a refund or exchange of tickets for which you will be required to follow certain procedures as determined by Hero Ticket. No refund will apply if you are refused admission to the event because you are younger than the minimum age for attendance specified by law or you otherwise fail to qualify for attendance. In order to receive any refund or an exchange that is offered, you will have to comply with Hero Ticket’s instructions and deadlines.
- Any refunds will be issued using the same method and card of payment that was used to purchase the ticket.
At NFC (cashless) events:
- In relation to an event, the promoter decides whether wristbands or cards are to be utilised by customers.
- You will only be able to pay for goods and services using a wristband or card embedded with a NFC chip. Each wristband or card is also embedded with a unique identity number (“UID”).
- The wristband or cards may also be required to access certain areas of the event.
- Wristbands and cards are operated by Hero Ticket through a NFC technology service and will be issued to you on entry into the event when you hand over or scan a valid ticket.
- These terms and conditions (“Terms”) govern the relationship between you, the promotor and Hero Ticket in relation to your use of the NFC technology, your online account and the services associated with this. Please read these Terms carefully. By using the NFC wristband, or card and/or the services associated therewith you agree to comply with these Terms.
- By accepting these Terms you understand and accept that the promoter and Hero Ticket may utilise third party services and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software and related technology required to run the NFC cashless service.
Loading Funds / Topping-Up
- In order to use your wristband or card to purchase goods or services at the event you must credit it with funds. You can credit your wristband or card using any of the following methods:
- online, using a credit or debit card either before or during the event once you have created an online account. The online account will enable you to either make a once-off loading of funds to your wristband and card; or
- at the top up booths at the event using exact cash, debit or credit card.
Using your NFC wristband or card
- It is your responsibility to keep your wristband and card safe and secure.
- Your wristband and card are required to access certain areas of the event and to enter and exit the event. Access to such areas and the event will be subject to the terms of your ticket purchase and such other terms as are applicable to that area and/or the event.
- Provided that your wristband or card has been loaded with sufficient funds, you can purchase goods and/or services from vendors at the event by touching your NFC chip on a reader located at the relevant point of sale.
- The available balance on your wristband or card will be debited by the full amount of each transaction.
- Once you have authorised a payment using your wristband or card, and the goods purchased remain un-opened or have not been consumed we can still assist with a transaction reversal onto your wristband or card, if required. In the case where goods have been consumed or lost no refunds or reversal will be administered.
- We are not a party to any contract between you and a vendor at the event and shall not be liable for, or in connection with, any goods or services provided or not provided by any such vendor.
- Your wristband/card is not linked to your bank account and the balance on your wristband will not earn interest.
- Within 48 hours – 96 hours after the event, Hero Ticket shall send a link via e-mail which can be utilised to claim the balance of your unutilised funds.
- In the event that you do not have an online account, it is your responsibility to visit the event’s social media page and click on the link to claim your refund.
- Hero Ticket shall deduct R10 from the balance of the amount available on your wristband or card for the cost thereof and where there are insufficient funds to cover the cost thereof, you will not be able to cash out any balance left over.
- You will be required to enter your full name, UID and banking details to claim your refund.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have given all the correct details to facilitate this process and to ensure that all details remain up-to-date.
- Any unused funds not claimed within a period of 3 (three) years from the date on which the event was held shall be forfeited. NOTE: Unless otherwise advised, wristbands and cards expire after each event and you will only be able to claim your unutilised funds if you are still in possession of your wristband or card as we will require the UID to facilitate the refund.
Lost, Stolen and Damaged Wristbands & Cards
- The promotor and/or Hero Ticket accept no responsibility for the loss, theft or destruction of wristbands or cards, and have no obligation to replace or refund the value for lost, stolen or damaged wristbands or cards.
- You may not tamper with your wristband or card, or allow others to tamper therewith. If Hero Ticket reasonably believes your wristband or card has been tampered with, we reserve the right to disable your account and/or deny you access to, or remove you from, the event.
- We have the right to disable a wristband or card, UID or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of these Terms.
Your Personal Data
- In instances where a Ticket to an event is purchased at an event, you will not necessarily have an online account. In such a case the information we receive from, or regarding you, directly or indirectly through your use of the wristband or card, will only be used by us:
21.1 to administer your wristband/card account, process transactions and provide you with the assistance and services you request;
21.2 to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and
21.3 to monitor and analyse at an aggregated level the organisation of the event and the movements of, and transactions with, attendees.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have given all the correct details to facilitate this process.
Exclusion from Liability
- The cashless system may be affected by factors outside of Hero Ticket’s or the promoter’s control, such as, but not limited to, system downtime or failure. You understand and agree that Hero Ticket cannot and will not be liable for any direct, indirect or incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to damage for loss or profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from:
23.1 Failure, malfunction, interruption, errors or unavailability of the cashless system, your equipment, the network, and the cashless service;
23.2 Viruses that may, despite the reasonable precautions taken, occur on the system or the NFC chip;
23.3 Any error and/or negligence committed by employees of Hero Ticket;
23.4 Fraudulent falsification of data by third parties’ due to unauthorized intrusion into the system, website or your online account by unauthorised third parties;
23.5 Your inability to use any service provided by Hero Ticket, directly or indirectly;
23.6 Unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmission of data;
23.7 Your failure to give proper or complete instructions relating to your bank account details and/ or your online account;
23.8 Any fraudulent or illegal use of the wristband or card, the Hero Ticket system and/or your online account; or
23.9 Your failure to comply with these Terms and any document or information provided by the promoter and/or Hero Ticket concerning the use of wristband or card;
23.10 Any loss that may arise as a result of any negligence on your part including sharing or exchanging your wristband or card and/or revealing your account details to a third party. For avoidance of doubt, third party means any person other than the registered holder of a ticket and/or wristband/card;
23.11 Any loss or damage which is caused to you or any third party as a result of your wristband or card getting lost, stolen or damaged, nor for any loss or damage as a result of the use of your wristband or card or online account without your permission or an inaccessibility of your online account.
23.12 All other circumstances not within our control including, without limitation, force majeure, error, interruption, delay or non-availability of the cashless system, unavailability of internet, terrorist or any enemy action, equipment failure, loss of power, adverse weather or atmospheric conditions and failure of any public or private telecommunications system, lack of available resources, strikes or labour disputes.
- Subject to subparagraph 23 above, where the services are interfered with or unavailable, Hero Ticket’s sole liability in terms hereof shall be to re-establish and provide the services as soon as reasonably practicable.
- All warranties and obligations implied by law are hereby expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- By agreeing to be bound by these terms, you agree to indemnify the promoter and Hero Ticket in respect of:
26.1 All demands, claims, actions, losses and damages of whatever nature which may be brought against the promoter or Hero Ticket arising from the malfunction or failure or unavailability of any hardware, software, or equipment, the loss or destruction of any data, power failures, corruption of storage media, natural phenomena, riots, acts of vandalism, terrorism, any other event beyond the promoter or Hero Ticket’s control, interruption or distortion of communication links or arising from reliance on any person or any incorrect, illegible, incomplete or inaccurate information or data received from you by the promoter or Hero Ticket.
26.2 Any loss or damage that may arise from your use, misuse, abuse or possession of any third-party software, including without limitation, any operating system, browser software or any other software packages or programs.
26.3 Any unauthorized access to your account or any breach of security or any destruction or accessing of your data or any destruction or theft of or damage to any of your device which can be used to access your account.
26.4 Any loss or damage occasioned by the failure by you to adhere to these Terms and/or by supplying of incorrect information or loss or damage occasioned by the failure or unavailability of third party facilities or systems or the inability of a third party to process a transaction or any loss which may be incurred by the promoter or Hero Ticket as a consequence of any breach of these Terms.